Saturday, October 1, 2011

MASS,MASS AND SOME MORE MASS!!!


Hello Hunting Friends,

I just got home from an incredible Utah desert sheep hunt with Mitch Olsen of Hyrum, Ut. CONGRATS  to Mitch on taking this massive 170.5 pt ram that I nicknamed "The Sledgehammer." We spent 6 butt busting days in miserable heat searching for the ram that Mitch has been dreaming about for 18 years. As tough as it got Mitch never complained once and definitely earned the opportunity of harvesting this hunk. I've guided sheep hunters for a lot of years now and for shear mass this is the biggest Utah desert brute I've seen. Great job Mitch! It was an honor to have the opportunity to guide someone who works as hard as you do. Mitch is a blue collar worker who represents everything that hunting should be about. I'll spend time out on the mountain with him anytime!

As many of my hunting friends know every now and again I get on a personal soapbox and today it happens to be on how much emphasis that we, in the hunting community, sometimes place on scores.  It's my personal belief that we often put far too much emphasis on what a big ram, buck or bull is going to score. Believe me, I'm just as bad as anyone. Instead, if we have the opportunity to harvest a big game animal that is exactly what you are looking for, although it isn't a BC record, then you should truly treasure the opportunity of legal pursuit and respect the animal for what it represents. 

Good luck everyone. I appreciate so much your stories, pictures and love for "getting out on the mountain." Remember, every big game animal you take is a trophy in itself. Take care and be safe.

Randy
HIGH DESERT WILD SHEEP GUIDES

No comments:

Post a Comment